Gateway to Freedom Air Show Security Information
The Helena Military Affairs Committee is pleased to welcome you and your family to this family friendly event. We pledge that we will do everything we can to make sure your visit to the Gateway to Freedom Air Show and Military Open House is safe and fun. Additionally, we will make every attempt to lessen delays while entering or leaving the Air Show.
In order to keep possibly dangerous items outside the flight line, ALL bags will be briefly inspected as you come through flight line entry points and all individuals are subject to search. To keep delays to a minimum, remember that the following items are not permitted on to the flight line. Persons with any of the following prohibited items will not be admitted.
- Ice chests or coolers, except when necessary for medicine or baby food.
- Large bags (bags larger than a small purse or fanny pack), duffle bags, briefcases, large camera bags.
- All weapons (regardless of permit) including: firearms, knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), walking sticks (except for handicap use) and all other items that the security force deems dangerous. Any confiscated items will not be returned.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Pets (other than service animals)
- Glass containers
- Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades or skateboards
All authorized items will be inspected prior to entering the flight line. It is recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of authorized items to reduce the time required for inspection prior to access into the flight line area. The following items are permitted:
- PCS/cellular phones, pagers and FRS transceivers (may be asked to turn off / on)
- Handheld portable televisions, radios and scanners
- Small fanny packs and purses
- Cameras and camcorders (owners should not load film prior to entering the show area as they may be required to open all compartments at Security Checkpoints).
- Folding chairs and lawn chairs (chairs in bags subject to search)
- Umbrellas and sunshades
- Baby bags and strollers, if attending with an infant or small child (Strollers are not permitted in the grandstand area. Adjacent stroller parking is available).
Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the flight line in the vicinity of aircraft, vendor tents or chalets.
- Unattended bags and packages will be removed from the premises
- Neither strollers nor wheelchairs will be available for rent at the Air Show
- Sun protection, including hat, long-sleeved shirts and long pants and sun screen are recommended
- Water will be available throughout the Air Show area
- Wear comfortable footgear; portions of the flight line are paved but other viewing areas are not
- All vendor vehicles will be subject to search.
Please keep in mind that your safety is our primary concern. Remember the following important safety tips:
- Uniformed security personnel are there to help. Follow all instructions from uniformed security personnel.
- Very few things on our flight line are soft to the touch; most things are made of metal and have lots of edges on them. Keep your eyes focused in the direction you’re walking and be aware of low-hanging aircraft components.
- Medical personnel are on call to render assistance to anyone that requires it. Notify any uniformed security person or air show worker if you or any member of your group requires medical attention.